Book Landscapes – The Infinity of Paper

Book Landscapes – The Infinity of Paper

Is there more to a book than just reading it? The thought dawned upon me instantaneously when by a lucky ‘chance’ I bumped into a huge pile of old Greek Government gazettes and archives in an antique-shop neighborhood of Athens a few years back. That was it! What if I forgot the text, what if I attempted to go beyond their contents, transforming them into something entirely different?

The idea was not to just recycle them, but to wipe out their destiny, counteract the effects of their history and give them a new meaning, another purpose of existence, a new life. Delicate, crinkled, yellowed, discarded… they could now return back to the woods –Mother Nature.

I took them all home immediately and dug into folding, cutting, trimming, painting –manipulating their forms, leaving flaunting names and symbols occasionally, tiny reminders of their past lives, enhancing certain areas with mixed media and experimental techniques… Almost unreadable, yet with fresh whimsical stories sculpted on them, here they are: my precious Book Landscapes !

Σχόλια

Δημοφιλείς αναρτήσεις